Dr Ioannis Vlachakis
Consultant Vascular Surgeon
UCH London, Cambridge, Royal Bournemouth Hospital U.K
Our Vascular Durgeon Mr Ioannis Vlachakis operates the medical office VLACHAKIS IOANNIS - AGGEIOAISTHISI in Heraklion, Crete.
He was trained in vascular surgery at the Hospital “G. Gennimatas” in Thessaloniki and acquired a postgraduate specialization degree in Medical Research and Methodology at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
With a scholarship by the “International Society for Vascular Surgery”, and in the context of his specialization, he travelled to Belgium, where he was trained in all modern bloodless methods of angiology and vascular surgery. This was followed by a 5-year postgraduate training in Great Britain, where he worked in salaried positions as a Clinical Fellow in University Hospitals (UCLH, Kings College and Cambridge University Hospitals).
The doctor is a Consultant Vascular Surgeon at the University Hospitals UCL of Λονδίνου and Royal Bournemouth Hospital of England (In 2014 he was appointed Consultant Vascular Surgeon at Royal Bournemouth Hospital and Honorary Consultant Vascular Surgeon at UCLH). He is European Board Certified and a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
He is active in:
- Phlebology and advanced endovascular vein surgery in patients with varicose veins, spider veins, venous ulcers, complications of deep venous thrombosis
- Treatment of blood circulation conditions in patients with peripheral vascular disease
- Diabetic ulcer
- Prevention of cerebrovascular events in patients with carotid stenosis
- Angiography - angioplasty of the lower limbs
- Abdominal aorta aneurysm and peripheral vascular aneurysm
After a presence of 10 years in Great Britain, Mr. Vlachakis returned to Greece and opened the center of aesthetic phlebology Aggeioaesthisi at his birthplace, Crete. He is also the associate of large private centers of Athens and Crete.
On Wednesdays the doctor welcomes his patients at the Rethymnon office.